by Tambanavo Chamanyawi(email@example.com)
The solution to Zimbabwe problems is so near but slippery.
A lot of interlocking spurs are derailing a quick solution to the calamities that have been ravaging Zimbabwe.
All the problems are man made. None of them are natural disasters. The media is however awash with how Robert Mugabe's government architected the catastrophe. Acres of newspaper space fed us with information of how Mugabe ran-down the economy of the once prosperous Zimbabwe and how political freedom and other liberties dried up under Mugabe's 29 year old administration. This exhausted version, though true, is incomplete without the insertion of the role of the erudite NGO Sharks.
A huge bazaar for calamities churned out by Zanu PF emerged in the last few years.
A vague, frictional and profiteering correlation between Zanu PF regime and Civic Societies sprung to life. Scores of NGOs plying the Zimbabwe business boomed into existence from nowhere like vultures circling their prey.
Some of the best minds of Zimbabwe opted not to join political front of the struggle against Mugabe, but opted for the lucrative Non Governmental Organization (NGOs) sector. They argue that the political space in MDC is too small to contain everyone. Some profess that they could best exploit their capacities in a non-partisan industry than joining a political organization. A noble decision (you would agreed), if their intentions were genuine anywhere.
NGOs trading in Zimbabwe problems have positioned themselves as enthusiastic "salesmen of the stock"…The plight of the innocent and begging Zimbabweans being the stock, and the manufacturer being gluttonous Zanu PF Zealots. And there has been a steady supply of "the products" in the past few years as Zanu PF's manufacturing machines went into high momentum leaving behind a trail of fatalities – subjecting everyone to maddening poverty. And this is being turned into a commodity to be sold to the highest bidder.
If one is lucky to have escaped the current Zim quagmire earlier (like this writer), and have had the opportunity to have driven pass the Methodist Church in central Johannesburg, you certainly would have witnessed droves of squalid-looking and struggling Zimbabweans being video recorded everyday and paraded as the "needy people." Well crafted project proposals are employed as keys into the tills of the ever-floating donor rites. The NGOs sharks have perfected the art of deceitfully siphoning the world's hardest currency into the 'Zimbabwe struggle' while bleeding, cholera infected, homeless and hungry Zimbabweans are used as mere statistics to garner financial compassion from benefactors. The actual authentic recipients of the donors' funds are rapidly and expediently forgotten as soon as the project proposals pay off. They only regain statistical prominence when another project proposal snare is needed. The avaricious sharks vanish into their air-conditioned offices, opulent neighbourhoods and ritzy German made sedans after reaping...the cycle continues.
Some NGOs are masquerading as cohorts of the all time powerful MDC to gain credibility so as to milk the "green buck" from credulous donors.
Some NGOs have gone to the extent of hiring "larger than life" and high-flying individuals to make appearances on their launches. The Zimbabwe 'crisis commodity' is so appealing and easy to sell. Even South African NGOs are overtly baiting for the "green buck" using the Zimbabwe crisis as the clasp or hook.
Recently another South African NGO, code named 'Save Zimbabwe Now' mushroomed into life in an emotionally charged and stage-managed launch at the Johannesburg Central Methodist Church. Prominent individuals like Graca Machel, Elino Sisulu, Venetia Govender, Khumi Naidoo and Nondumiso Gasa took centre stage as struggling Zimbabweans get reduced to flaccid spectators hearing their tribulations being articulated by the NGO protagonists. In an occasion that lasted almost three hours, not a single suffering Zimbabwean spoke, except for Pastor William Mugabe, (strangely sharing the same name with nemesis of the struggling Zimbabwean people) who broke down for the cameras.
Hundreds of Zimbabweans squatting in the church became instant statistics for use and abuse during the launch.
One can not deny that some of these activists genuinely toil for the people however the opulence and gullibility of some of them is not difficult to detect. Others have vested interests extending to mining consortia in Zimbabwe working hand in hand with Zanu PF. Yes! I said that. Is it difficult to believe…?
Some have become so affluent over the years beyond the imagination of the struggling Zimbabweans they parade.
All is bound to come to a sudden crushing end with the coming to life of the imminent inclusive government in Zimbabwe. The "stock" is going to disappear and business will take a nosedive. Human rights project proposals will cease to be keys to any till and thousands of Zimbabwe's best brains will find themselves passengers of a stationary gravy train.
The Zanu PF manufacturing machinery is boisterously grinding to a halt and virtually cutting off 'crisis supplies.' Donors would be left with no alternative except to seal their wallets as supplies dry up
This is exactly the reason why dominant, eloquent and flamboyant characters in the NGO sector are speedy to cry foul over Morgan Tsvangirai's decision to be part of a solution to the problems of Zimbabwe. Some are already mouthing out serious assertions of deception on Tsvangirai's part. They claim the inclusive government is against the wishes of the electorate and agitate for Tsvangirai's absolute take over. Another noble argument, but how long will this take?
ALSO POSTED AT "ZIMONLINE"!
PLEASE CLICK HERE TO GO TO CHAMANYAWI's "MUTAMBARA... THE WORLD'S LUCKIEST POLITICIAN!"
PLEASE CLICK HERE TO GO TO "POLITICAL POVERTY.... IS IT IN THE MDC OR IN THE NGOs?"
1. THE VIDEO OF THE ARCHBISHOP OF YORK CUTTING UP HIS CLERICAL COLLAR HAS BEEN MOVED TO www.zimcrisis.blogspot.com 2. "HOW TO DO THE FINAL PUSH WITHOUT FIRING A SINGLE SHOT" HAS BEEN UPDATED WITH PART TWO. PLEASE CLICK HERE!!! 3. VIDEO OF LISBON ANTI-MUGABE DEMO POSTED AT www.zimfinalpush8.blogspot.com
- February 2009 (6)
- January 2009 (1)
- December 2008 (3)
- September 2008 (1)
- July 2008 (1)
- June 2008 (3)
- May 2008 (3)
- March 2008 (4)
- February 2008 (3)
- January 2008 (9)
PLEASE CHECK THESE OUT!!!!!!
- "POLITICAL POVERTY.... IS IT IN THE MDC OR IN THE NGOs?" by T CHAMANYAWI.
- "THE NGO SHARKS THAT FEED ON THE ZIM CRISIS!" by TAMBANAVO CHAMANYAWI!!
- "ARTHUR MUTAMBARA...THE WORLD's LUCKIEST POLITICIAN!" by TAMBANAVO CHAMANYAWI!!!
- STATEMENT BY MDC PRESIDENT TSVANGIRAI ON THE DECISION TO JOIN ZANU-PF IN GOVERNMENT!!!
- REV HOVE'S PERSONAL APPEAL!!
- NDEBELE BROTHER GIVES VERY SAD STORY ABOUT "GUKURAHUNDI"!!!
- PHOTOS OF REV HOVE'S WOUNDS FROM BULLET WOUNDS AT SADC PRETORIA DEMO!!!
- "ARSONISTS ATTEMPT TO KILL MY FAMILY IN ZIM!" by Rev M S Hove.
- " I WISH NO MERRY XMAS TO NOBODY!" by Rev Mufaro Stig Hove!
- "BATTLE OF THE TWO ELLIOTS THAT NEVER WAS!" by ELLIOT PFEBVE!!!
- "PROPERTY RIGHTS AN AVENUE TO AGRICULTURAL DEVELOPMENT" by H KUNDISHORA!!!
- "MBEKI MISLEADING G8 ON ZIMBABWE!!!" by GARIKAI CHIMUKA!!!
- "WHAT ARE THE AFRICAN INTERESTS IN ZIMBABWE???" asks Hillary Kundishora.
- THE SA COMMUNIST PARTY ASKED ZANU-PF WHY THEIR "REVOLUTION" IS NOT ACCEPTED BY STRATEGIC SECTIONS OF ZIMBABWEANS!
- "The Brand Zimbabwe" by Hillary Kundishora.
- "Polokwane Congress Must Uphold Mandela Legacy" by Garikai Chimuka.
- "To What Extent Does Economic Strategy and Planning Reflect Kleptocracy?" by Hillary Kundishona.
- "HOW TO DO THE FINAL PUSH WITHOUT FIRING A SINGLE SHOT!" by Rev M S Hove.
- REV HOVE ASKED TO COMMENT ON ZIMBABWEANS ALLEGEDLY COMMITTING CRIMES IN SA!!!
- COMMENTS ON THE NEED FOR AN ARMED STRUGGLE!
- HOT DEBATE FOLLOWING: "THE SHARKS THAT FEED ON THE ZIM CRISIS!"
- "TIME IS RUNNING OUT FOR ZIMBABWE OPPOSITION" by Garikai Chimuka.
- "GENDER AND AGRICULTURAL DEVELOPMENT" by Hillary Kundishora.