By Hillary Kundishora (firstname.lastname@example.org) Also at www.zimchaiyo.blogspot.com
# # # # # # # # # # # # # # # # #
The opposition MDC supporter was assaulted on the buttocks by Zanu PF youths and a herbicide-paraquat/gramoxone poured on the wound to inflict more pain. Paraquat is a fast action corrosive herbicide.
Africa's search for the betterment of its citizen has been elusive and a journey marred by disastrous setbacks. A few African countries show little prospects of a consistent path of advancing African interests with the greater number experiencing unending wars, diseases, hunger, poverty and marauding dictators.
This calls upon all citizens of Africa to engage in a serious conversation of their future. If at all Africa is to achieve an excellent quality of life for its citizen comparable to the magnitude of the quality of life currently being experienced in developed nations.
At the core of any nation is a socio-economic and political unity from which all citizens derive a shared meaning and value. The unity is derived from the amalgamation of individual and private interests to form national interests and consequently this adds up to continental interests-African interests.
In normal and mature democracies individuals advance their individual cause without having adverse effects on the interests of others. These private interests are self-directing and self-motivating they need not to wait for governments or any superior authority. The concepts of interests are the simpler underpinnings of nation states and the birth of sovereignty.
The opposition MDC has announced its decision to boycott the pending presidential runoff election. These and other events in Zimbabwe present a serious litmus test to what really constitute African interests? The MDC reveals that the election atmosphere that followed the disputed first ballot is not consistent and conducive for a free and fair election.
The atmosphere is characterized by abductions, arrests of opposition supporters and leaders, rape, torture, arson, denial of food aid, election rigging, double standards by the SADC appointed mediator- President Mbeki and the recent threats to President Morgan Tsvangirai's life.
There is need for us to question the values that inform the African Union and the prospects of the United States of Africa that Libya 's Gaddafi advocates for? What then is the role of the African Union in Zimbabwe?
Only a few African leaders have at least managed to issue statements condemning the situation obtaining in Zimbabwe. The rest of the African leaders have remained silent and the worst coming from the self-proclaimed founding father of the united states of Africa, colonel Gadaffi who uttered 'leaders like Mugabe should be left to die in Office'. A defiant Mugabe resonated those views last week by arguing that only God can remove him from office.
What values and interests do Gadaffi and other silent leaders of Africa represent? This is clear tacit approval of the events in Zimbabwe. A closer look will unearth that Gaddaffi, Mugabe and many other African leaders have a lot in common that they share. They all do not value the will of their people and democratic fundamentals often oscillating and hiding behind the former Organization of African Union's (OAU) plea of sovereignty and non-interference.
A unique familiar quality is to blame the West for all the bad past of Africa. What about the future? Yet the independence of Africa brought to us self-determination representing a restoration of our birth right to self direct our nations towards African interests.
The MDC has vigorously campaigned to bring Zimbabwe on the spotlight only to get concern from non-African countries. African countries like South Africa through the SADC appointed mediator Mbeki have sought to sweep the violence under the carpet often opting to plot the de-skilling of the MDC through persuading and pressuring for a government of national unity (GNU).
What government of national unity when the ruling Zanu PF is plotting violence against the MDC leaders and its supporters? Why a government of national unity when the MDC agenda is opposite to that of Zanu PF?
The proponents of the GNU are informed by the need to recycle Zanu PF, which has been rejected by the people because of its disastrous policies of farm seizures and impending company seizures in the name of blind and self-serving indigenization and empowerment.
It is clear that the people of Zimbabwe by voting against Zanu PF in the first round have rejected that brand of racist and selfish indigenization and empowerment. And no one has the moral authority and is qualified to subvert the will of people by smuggling Zanu PF back in a GNU setup with the MDC.
The MDC, one of Africa's modern and strongest opposition parties has been labeled a western stooge. African leaders have all along been rejecting audience to the MDC based on this false assumption that together with Britain it is intent on re-colonizing Zimbabwe. Then why form a GNU with a stooge?
African Union has a crucial role to play in curbing the excesses of Mugabe. It is clear that Zimbabweans have made their choice and it is up to African leaders to author an international precedent against the defunct principle of sovereignty and non-interference.
If Africa does not act on Mugabe immediately then it has itself to blame for abetting the delvish violence in Zimbabwe. African leaders need to rise from mere rhetoric against Mugabe's deeds to more covert action. As the battle for control of Zimbabwe by Zimbabweans intensifies only those who stand up in solidarity to their African brothers in Zimbabwe will be able to broadly define and construct what really are African interests.
It is un-avoidable that Morgan Richard Tsvangirai represents a post-colonial icon and hero of African hopes. His principles are typical of African interests that can salvage Africa.
We urgently require a return to the values embedded in our traditional values by categorically making a stand that 'an injury to Zimbabwe is an injury to Africa' only then can we start to realize the African dream of a peaceful and prosperous United States of Africa.
By Hillary Kundishora
1. THE VIDEO OF THE ARCHBISHOP OF YORK CUTTING UP HIS CLERICAL COLLAR HAS BEEN MOVED TO www.zimcrisis.blogspot.com 2. "HOW TO DO THE FINAL PUSH WITHOUT FIRING A SINGLE SHOT" HAS BEEN UPDATED WITH PART TWO. PLEASE CLICK HERE!!! 3. VIDEO OF LISBON ANTI-MUGABE DEMO POSTED AT www.zimfinalpush8.blogspot.com
- December 2008 (3)
- September 2008 (1)
- July 2008 (1)
- June 2008 (3)
- May 2008 (3)
- March 2008 (4)
- February 2008 (3)
- January 2008 (9)
PLEASE CHECK THESE OUT!!!!!!
- "POLITICAL POVERTY.... IS IT IN THE MDC OR IN THE NGOs?" by T CHAMANYAWI.
- "THE NGO SHARKS THAT FEED ON THE ZIM CRISIS!" by TAMBANAVO CHAMANYAWI!!
- "ARTHUR MUTAMBARA...THE WORLD's LUCKIEST POLITICIAN!" by TAMBANAVO CHAMANYAWI!!!
- STATEMENT BY MDC PRESIDENT TSVANGIRAI ON THE DECISION TO JOIN ZANU-PF IN GOVERNMENT!!!
- REV HOVE'S PERSONAL APPEAL!!
- NDEBELE BROTHER GIVES VERY SAD STORY ABOUT "GUKURAHUNDI"!!!
- PHOTOS OF REV HOVE'S WOUNDS FROM BULLET WOUNDS AT SADC PRETORIA DEMO!!!
- "ARSONISTS ATTEMPT TO KILL MY FAMILY IN ZIM!" by Rev M S Hove.
- " I WISH NO MERRY XMAS TO NOBODY!" by Rev Mufaro Stig Hove!
- "BATTLE OF THE TWO ELLIOTS THAT NEVER WAS!" by ELLIOT PFEBVE!!!
- "PROPERTY RIGHTS AN AVENUE TO AGRICULTURAL DEVELOPMENT" by H KUNDISHORA!!!
- "MBEKI MISLEADING G8 ON ZIMBABWE!!!" by GARIKAI CHIMUKA!!!
- "WHAT ARE THE AFRICAN INTERESTS IN ZIMBABWE???" asks Hillary Kundishora.
- THE SA COMMUNIST PARTY ASKED ZANU-PF WHY THEIR "REVOLUTION" IS NOT ACCEPTED BY STRATEGIC SECTIONS OF ZIMBABWEANS!
- "The Brand Zimbabwe" by Hillary Kundishora.
- "Polokwane Congress Must Uphold Mandela Legacy" by Garikai Chimuka.
- "To What Extent Does Economic Strategy and Planning Reflect Kleptocracy?" by Hillary Kundishona.
- "HOW TO DO THE FINAL PUSH WITHOUT FIRING A SINGLE SHOT!" by Rev M S Hove.
- REV HOVE ASKED TO COMMENT ON ZIMBABWEANS ALLEGEDLY COMMITTING CRIMES IN SA!!!
- COMMENTS ON THE NEED FOR AN ARMED STRUGGLE!
- HOT DEBATE FOLLOWING: "THE SHARKS THAT FEED ON THE ZIM CRISIS!"
- "TIME IS RUNNING OUT FOR ZIMBABWE OPPOSITION" by Garikai Chimuka.
- "GENDER AND AGRICULTURAL DEVELOPMENT" by Hillary Kundishora.